What variation of IDL is used for specification?

Shane Norris

Jan 8, 2013, 12:46:27 AM1/8/13
to nixysa...@googlegroups.com
Does the IDL that Nixysa reads conform to any documented variant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interface_description_language lists 17)? I have an API specified in WebIDL and nixysa balks at it after line 3 (which forward declares a callback type) and again in about 100 more places. Would be great to know if there is an authoritative document somewhere before I start rewriting my interface definition. I'd like to avoid grokking idl_parser.py if I can help it ;-)

   thanks in advance - Shane Norris

Antoine Labour

Jan 8, 2013, 1:03:23 PM1/8/13
to nixysa...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Shane Norris <nor...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does the IDL that Nixysa reads conform to any documented variant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interface_description_language lists 17)? I have an API specified in WebIDL and nixysa balks at it after line 3 (which forward declares a callback type) and again in about 100 more places. Would be great to know if there is an authoritative document somewhere before I start rewriting my interface definition. I'd like to avoid grokking idl_parser.py if I can help it ;-)

   thanks in advance - Shane Norris

The IDL language is inspired by WebIDL but isn't it, and isn't really standard in any way, it sort of evolved with the needs of the o3d project. There's no formal documentation (any takers?), the best I have to offer is https://code.google.com/p/nixysa/wiki/NixysaIntro and the o3d idl at http://src.chromium.org/svn/trunk/o3d/plugin/idl/ which exercise about all the features.

Thanks,
Antoine