Building under Windows?

Jari Pennanen

Jun 20, 2010, 4:26:20 AM6/20/10
to nixysa-users
Okay, scons works, the DLL comes out. But if I register it as
extension in manifest.json, the Chrome does not find the methods (like
others mentioned).

So how is this meant to be used under Windows? I've been trying to
compile the complex.sln but it throws shit load of errors in winnt.h.
Probably because "include <windows.h>" is missing, but I have not been
able to find out why it is missing! Where should I add it?

Second of all, can this even be used inside Chrome extension as
plugin?

You know, I've been having really hard time with these NPAPI things,
and this wrapper does not seem to be any easier to get example
extension compiled and working. The ridiculous part is I probably
would have done my extension already if I could just compile some
example and hack it to my needs.

I have also tried "bare NPAPI" approach by trying to compile others
work such as http://code.google.com/p/chromeswitchproxy/ but it does
not compile out of box either! Neither does this compile
http://git.webvm.net/?p=npsimple out of box, I find this examples very
low quality.

It's sad that getting the compilation working is the biggest hurdle
under Windows, pretty much always.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Peter Sinnott

Jun 21, 2010, 7:55:45 AM6/21/10
to nixysa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I haven't play with nixysa in a while but the example used to work out of the box (for Firefox anyway).

It seems http://code.google.com/p/nixysa/source/detail?r=58 broke it.

Adding the #include to third_party\npapi\include\npapi.h fixed the problem for me.

In my experience if you place the dll in your Firefox plugin directory (C:\Documents and Settings\psinnott\Application Data\Mozilla\Plugins for me ) it should get picked up by Chrome. You will be able to see it listed in about:plugins.

Thanks
Peter