disable proxy

Natus Natus

Jan 2, 2020, 11:43:47 AM1/2/20
to nix-devel
hi

i installed my system with a proxy to access network (configured networing.proxy.default in the configuration.nix file).
Right now I am using a network without a proxy. Then I commented the  networing.proxy.default  line and run
nixos-rebuild switch

however the rebuild tries to access some remote url ... with the previous proxy configuration.

how to turn on / off the proxy (manually unset the *_proxy env variable is not working)?

thanks

Guillaume Maudoux (Layus)

Jan 3, 2020, 5:01:43 AM1/3/20
to Natus Natus, nix-devel

As for your question, I have no idea of the answer, but you could have a look at http://web.archive.org/web/20160829175539/https://nixos.org/wiki/Proxies found by looking at https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/26051.

It seems to me that the simplest way to go is to keep the proxy while you build the new config without the proxy option. It that is not feasible, there are some shell tweaks described in the above wiki. You would have to reverse them, as they describe how to use a proxy when none was set up in the configuration, and you want the opposite.

Regards,

-- Layus