Re: JukePop anyone?

Jamie

Oct 2, 2014, 2:29:27 PM10/2/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
I checked out this website (JukePop.com) and I, too, am curious about it.  Like you Jonathan, my goal would be to get readers and also feedback.

I have a serial project - a soap opera/family drama - that I've been working on for 30+ years.  I think this might be a good venue to try it
out since each chapter is a month in the life of the family and the series runs 8 years (with each year a separate book).  This could be
the place to put it out there and see how it would be received.

From what I've read, the author still holds all rights to the work and can publish it elsewhere in whatever form the author chooses.
So, I don't foresee any problem - but then I do tend to be a bit naive.  :)   Before I start, I want to have the first 6 months finished so I
can always be ahead of the game.

Anthea Lawson

Oct 2, 2014, 4:12:56 PM10/2/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Just remember that you ARE losing your first publication rights, which is what most magazines/trade publishers want. So as long as you don't want to sell it at some point to a publisher, but publish it yourself, you're probably fine. And on the other hand, publishing her fanfic didn't seem to hurt E.L. James any.  ;)

-Anthea

USA Today Bestselling Author of fantasy & romance
RITA-nominated historical romance. Newest release - Sonata for a Scoundrel
YA Urban Fantasy. Feyland: The First Adventure - Free!

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted