A call for Sci-Fi, Horror, Thriller, Mystery and Steampunk authors

Mike

Aug 18, 2014, 2:06:34 PM8/18/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Hey, it's been a long time since I've posted anything on this forum! As some of you know, I've been on a little hiatus from NIWA to deal with the incredible amount of events I've had going on this last few months. Things are still busy, but I'm working on a writing project that could be beneficial for all involved.

For this project I've been putting together a list of NIWA authors and their books. What I've found is that we have a plethora of Urban Fantasy, Fantasy and YA Fantasy authors in our group! While this is great (because I also write some Urban Fantasy), my list contains only a few (including myself) Horror, Sci-Fi, Thriller, Mystery and Steampunk authors.

So, since there have been a lot of new members I've never met, and maybe some old members too, I'm looking for those members with novels in the Sci-Fi, Horror, Thriller, Mystery and Steampunk genres. Once I have finished assembling my list, I'll know some more about the new project. I was specifically asked by the project's leader to, as he said, 'run this up the NIWA flagpole and see what kind of response you get."

If you're interested in a great opportunity for exposing your work to a larger audience, and the possibility of some well-deserved financial benefit for your writing, please let me know by simply posting your name and a link to your website or Amazon author page in this thread.

Thanks, and good writing!

Mike Chinakos
Author of the Hollywood Cowboys Series
Cofounder and First President of NIWA
Marketing Director for Broadway Cigar Company Vancouver

Bob Boyd

Aug 18, 2014, 5:41:04 PM8/18/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mike,

I can sure accommodate you!   Check these out:

* In The Course Of Diplomacy - humorous SF first contact
* Diplomacy's Stepchild - humorous SF first contact
* Diplomacy's End - humorous SF first contact
* MacKenna - SF military drama
* MacKenna: Confrontation - SF spy thriller
* Trial - SF first contact political thriller
* Nature's Way - apocalyptic horror
* Overland - steampunk drama
* Deus Ex Machina - humor fantasy anthology
* (due at Orycon) Playing God - SF romance/drama

You can check them out at the web site:

Thank you for taking this effort!

Bob

Andy Bunch

Aug 18, 2014, 8:03:57 PM8/18/14
to NIWA Group

Writing Solutions by Adventure Writer--Andy R. Bunch

Jason LaPier

Aug 19, 2014, 11:55:55 AM8/19/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Without knowing what you're looking for exactly, I'll throw my name out there: Jason W. LaPier, sci-fi/spec-fic author: http://jasonwlapier.com/

Mike

Aug 19, 2014, 10:28:18 PM8/19/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Bob!

Mike

Mike

Amber Cook

Aug 20, 2014, 8:47:02 PM8/20/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Mike, that all sounds very intriguing [smiley].

The novel I'm just about to release is called Night of the Victorian Dead, so it's horror, historical fiction/paranormal horror.  And there will be two more books (it's a trilogy).

Pat Timm

Aug 21, 2014, 11:59:00 PM8/21/14
to niwahome
Hi Mike! Thanks for your efforts.

My first book in a trilogy i published working on the second..Links:

Best to you!

pAT

Amber Cook

Aug 22, 2014, 4:24:30 PM8/22/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Pat, did you have Amazon put the front and back cover of your book in the book cover area, or did they just take your paperback cover submission and put it up there?

Pat Timm

Aug 22, 2014, 7:15:17 PM8/22/14
to niwahome

I resubmitted that version and they accepted it.

Author of a new novel Whispers in the Wind-The Calling. Available at  Amazon, Barnes&Noble, and others.

Please excuse any typos or errors as this was sent from a handheld device.

Amber Cook

Aug 22, 2014, 9:21:38 PM8/22/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Interesting.  The larger visual space is eye catching once you get to the page.

Mike

Aug 31, 2014, 2:59:20 PM8/31/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, everybody. I'm continuing to work on this project and I'm getting closer to being able to disclose what's going on. I can say this: It has great potential to benefit all involved, both financially and professionally. More to come!

In the meantime, check out my post for Endless Horizons. This is another project that a few of NIWA's founding members threw together recently.

Ron Hepner

Aug 31, 2014, 3:34:53 PM8/31/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mike. I've written an Intelligence thriller. Book one "The Brave One Strikes Back" of the Agent Art Dodek series recently released as e book or paperback. If you like, please browse amazon.com or B & N. My pen name is R. J. Hepner. Comments, a review welcome. rjhepne...@gmail.com or rj...@shaw.ca

I'm an ex-Vancouverite, lived in the west end, relocated to California and then up to the B.C. Okanagan Valley.

Jason LaPier

Aug 31, 2014, 3:54:02 PM8/31/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Mike <michael_...@ymail.com> wrote:

In the meantime, check out my post for Endless Horizons. This is another project that a few of NIWA's founding members threw together recently.

Hey Mike - sounds interesting. Do you have a link?

Jason LaPier

Aug 31, 2014, 4:14:16 PM8/31/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind, I replied to this before I saw your other post about the Facebook group. :)

Mike

Sep 2, 2014, 1:35:37 PM9/2/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Amber, do you have a website I could check out?

Amber Cook

Sep 2, 2014, 2:03:47 PM9/2/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com

Author of two urban fairy tales, What the Faeries Left Behind and Defense Mechanisms, available on Amazon, also BN.com, Sony, KoboiBookstore & Smashwords.

See my Wubbulous Writing website, blog on Caution: Adults Playing, and Chromatic Daffodil Shadows & Prism Casts at www.ambermichellecook.com

Publisher The Written Wyrd

Sep 18, 2014, 10:08:55 PM9/18/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mike,

Just curious; what is this you're up to, and what's progress, hmmm?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Bob

Jonathan Ems

Oct 1, 2014, 6:46:43 PM10/1/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
I do the sci-fi. :)

Here's my self-published, dystopian future novel:

Jason LaPier

Oct 1, 2014, 6:58:59 PM10/1/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
The back-of-the-book copy for that is great, Jonathan! :)

UNEXPECTED RAIN, a space-age noir murder mystery comes out 7.7.2015
More info and excerpt: http://jasonwlapier.com

Jonathan Ems

Oct 2, 2014, 12:44:00 PM10/2/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com