Clark County Holiday Gift Fair

Leigh Goodison

Oct 20, 2014, 3:32:49 PM10/20/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
I ran this by a couple of people when I was at the Home and Garden show and want to know if anyone else would be interested. http://clarkcoeventcenter.com/giftFair_lynn.php

It's held at the Clark County Event Center in Ridgefield (about 15 minutes north of Vancouver, right on I-5). Nov. 21-23. 10 x 10 booth prices go from $295 on up to about $450 (I'm not sure if we'd qualify for the lowest price, but I could see). If we had 10 authors or more sign up it wouldn't e prohibitively expensive, but any less than that I don't think would be worthwhile.

I've attached a .pdf with the vendors application so you can see. If you're interested, email me at le...@leighgoodison.com. If you want to discuss it, replying to this group email is fine.

Leigh

--
Author of:
Wild Ones

Andy Bunch

Oct 20, 2014, 3:44:10 PM10/20/14
to NIWA Group

I'm interested, but I have found live events over about $10 per person are cost prohibitive.

On the upside, personal appearance I  tend to sell well and get newsletter sign ups. Downside is time/energy/$ away from writing/other marketing. So to me it's worth it, up to $10.

Leigh Goodison

Oct 20, 2014, 4:29:21 PM10/20/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
I just found out that the cheapest rate I can get is $395 for the booth (handcrafted would be literally binding the books ourselves). So doing this will depend on how many are interested as it's a bit pricey for just a handful of people. On the other hand, it's a good opportunity to get in one last expo event for holiday sales.

Tonya Macalino

Oct 21, 2014, 2:57:03 PM10/21/14
to niwa...@googlegroups.com
Leigh,

If you want to get a better feel for how many members might be interested, I recommend posting it to the forum on the website, so that it goes out to all members. I know it is presently a pain to work through, but you'll get a better audience. Depending on the dates, you can also get it into the member newsletter which goes out on the 15th.

Thanks for taking the lead!
--Tonya