erlware_common fails to build

braun...@gmail.com

May 24, 2021, 5:50:08 PM5/24/21
to Nitrogen Project / The Nitrogen Web Framework for Erlang

I'm testing otp24 with rel_cowboy which went just fine.

But then I did a "make" on the deployment directory. It failed:

==> erlware_commons (compile)
/home/fran/cavels/repo/cavelsweb/app/lib/erlware_commons/src/ec_cmd_log.erl:160:5: ambiguous call of overridden auto-imported BIF error/3
 - use erlang:error/3 or "-compile({no_auto_import,[error/3]})." to resolve name clash
Compiling /home/fran/cavels/repo/cavelsweb/app/lib/erlware_commons/src/ec_cmd_log.erl failed:

which explains it's resolved in the v1.4.0 version.

Honestly I don't know which package depends this but I resolved this by
just:
.../lib/erlware_commons #> git pull . v1.4.0

I leave this here so I dont forget if I ever build nitrogen again. Maybe someone who gets stuck on this can see this too

Jesse Gumm

May 25, 2021, 4:55:52 PM5/25/21
to nitrogenweb
Thanks for the heads up.

qdate depeds on erlware_commons, so that's likely the culprit.

I'll give this a look and a fix.

-Jesse

Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems