running Nitrogen as a native app

braun...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2021, 10:50:41 PM3/12/21
to Nitrogen Project / The Nitrogen Web Framework for Erlang

There is electron for js codebases. There are some high quality software made with that. Its not there yet but its stabilizing, I think.

There is also Cordova wrapper for js codebases too. I guess there are some more other alternatives too.

How about implementing Nitrogen as a native app? Is it possible? What would break?

Jesse Gumm

Mar 13, 2021, 11:34:58 PM3/13/21
to nitrogenweb
Hey Franklin,

It's certainly doable.  There was a startup a few years back that went down that route (though the startup stalled, the application worked as a Desktop app).  I don't know the specifics of how it was done,  Maybe Anton (that project's lead developer) can comment on how he did it.

Hey Anton (BCC'd), would you care to enlighten us how you made RISE work as a desktop product that ran Nitrogen?

-Jesse

Jesse Gumm
Owner, Sigma Star Systems
414.940.4866 || sigma-star.com || @jessegumm