Moved machines to a new subnet and no windows networking

Dale

Feb 26, 2010, 12:07:18 AM2/26/10
to The P Zone: Nitecruzr Dot Net - Networking
I just moved 6 machines to a new location and the router uses a
different IP address range. Two days ago, everything worked fine at
the old location. I can surf out on all machines, they all DHCP
addresses but none of them can see each other. I have 5 XP boxes and
one 2003 server. They are all on the same workgroup and occasionally
some have seen other in Network Neighborhood, but now only one sees
anything. I ran browstat and all but one get a 53 error.

Is there some way to purge old info about the old subnet range? I went
from 192.168.0.0 to 172.16.0.0.

I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

Dale

Chuck

Feb 28, 2010, 9:12:01 AM2/28/10
to The P Zone: Nitecruzr Dot Net - Networking

Dale,

This says "personal firewall" to me. Look for a personal firewall
with zone or individual trust settings, that are IP address based.