Smart India Hackathon 2017

Debayan Banerjee

Nov 15, 2016, 11:11:22 AM11/15/16
to nitdgplug
Are any of you applying for this?

Roshan Singh

Nov 15, 2016, 11:27:14 AM11/15/16
to nitdgplug
The problem statements look extremely vague. I wonder how they will judge the submissions.

Roshan Singh

Debayan Banerjee

Nov 15, 2016, 11:29:47 AM11/15/16
to nitdgplug
I think the quality of the end product will decide the prizes. Not all problem statements are vague. Department of atomic energy, defense,  railways, airports and steel have technologically advanced product requirements.
Debayan Banerjee

Debayan Banerjee

Nov 15, 2016, 11:32:27 AM11/15/16
to nitdgplug
For vague product requirements the participant needs to apply "product person" skills in figuring out the missing portions of a useful product. I also think communicating directly with the ministry is possible to get a more refined problem statement.
--
Debayan Banerjee

satyaakam goswami

Nov 16, 2016, 12:16:12 PM11/16/16
to nitd...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Debayan Banerjee <deba...@gmail.com> wrote:
For vague product requirements the participant needs to apply "product person" skills in figuring out the missing portions of a useful product. I also think communicating directly with the ministry is possible to get a more refined problem statement.

​They have a straight jacket approach and will interact with Prof's from colleges who want to host them !​

​cheers,​

Debayan Banerjee

Nov 16, 2016, 1:02:22 PM11/16/16
to nitdgplug
I think this event is open only to students. This would be a good starting point for them for future entrepreneurial activities.

Practically speaking student built products will never be put into use within the organisation.

Debayan Banerjee

satyaakam goswami

Nov 16, 2016, 1:11:33 PM11/16/16
to nitd...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 11:31 PM, Debayan Banerjee <deba...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think this event is open only to students. This would be a good starting point for them for future entrepreneurial activities.

​Yes this is the intent​

Practically speaking student built products will never be put into use within the organisation.

​this is also there intent to use it in the Organization , what i am referring to is the approach for example i got a query by some students from greater noida who are from different colleges now can they come together and form a team  the organizers said just follow the rules :-) , i have issue with not being inclusive the whole exercise where you want to get things done by Free labour and do not know how to engage.

bottom line they have no clue with what they are dealing with one word confused !

​cheers,​

-Satya
​ps: lets take the rants off line will buzz you tomorrow :P​

Debayan Banerjee

Nov 17, 2016, 2:14:40 AM11/17/16
to nitdgplug
Almost all the ideas from ISRO are heavily computer science centric https://innovate.mygov.in/challenge-category/indian-space-research-organisation-isro/

Anomitra Saha

Nov 17, 2016, 2:25:27 AM11/17/16
to nitd...@googlegroups.com

I believe that the LUG currently organises a fortnightly hackathon during the weekends. This could be taken up as a part of that, or an extension thereof.

Debayan Banerjee

Nov 17, 2016, 2:27:10 AM11/17/16
to nitdgplug
Indeed, and focus should be on building small but usable projects hosted on github with a good README file on how to use.

Debayan Banerjee

Nov 17, 2016, 2:28:40 AM11/17/16
to nitdgplug
By the way this fortnightly hackathon does not produce any footprint on this list. We just do not get to know what is going on in these hackathons. I request you to appoint a dedicated "LUG Journalist" who will be tasked with writing a report on each hackathon on his/her blog with some pictures.

When I was in LUG we had Kaushik Kumar Nundy fulfilling this role very well.
--
Debayan Banerjee