[X-post] How many mailing lists?

Debayan Banerjee

Feb 23, 2017, 5:54:53 AM2/23/17
to lug_a...@googlegroups.com, nitdgplug
Hi,

Can someone tell me what the active mailing lists are and what is the purpose of each? I wanted to send an email to start a discussion on something, but I do not know where to send that mail given that there are atleast 3 different lists I am aware of.

Is there a list which has all current members, past members, and outside members in one place?

--
Debayan Banerjee

Navin Agarwal

Feb 25, 2017, 2:02:36 PM2/25/17
to lug_a...@googlegroups.com, nitdgplug
I would assume that is nitd...@googlegroups.com

Navin Agarwal

Debayan Banerjee

Feb 25, 2017, 2:03:58 PM2/25/17
to lug_a...@googlegroups.com, nitdgplug
Most of the current batch is not on this list as I discovered this time around at Mukti.
Debayan Banerjee

Anuj Kalbalia

Feb 27, 2017, 10:21:19 AM2/27/17
to lug_a...@googlegroups.com, nitdgplug
lug_a...@googlegroups.com is the group where only the current final year from LUG core and the alumni are added.

If I am not wrong,
nitd...@googlegroups.com is the group where anyone interested in Linux were added, be it from LUG core or otherwise.

Thanks and regards,
Anuj Kalbalia

Debayan Banerjee

Feb 27, 2017, 12:19:55 PM2/27/17
to nitdgplug, lug_a...@googlegroups.com
Even the current president was not on the list, so I assume hardly anyone form the current batch is on that list.

If I am not wrong, nitdgplug@googlegroups.com is the group where anyone interested in Linux were added, be it from LUG core or otherwise.

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Debayan Banerjee <deba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Can someone tell me what the active mailing lists are and what is the purpose of each? I wanted to send an email to start a discussion on something, but I do not know where to send that mail given that there are atleast 3 different lists I am aware of.

Is there a list which has all current members, past members, and outside members in one place?

--
Debayan Banerjee

Thanks and regards,
Anuj Kalbalia

Debayan Banerjee

Anuj Kalbalia

Feb 27, 2017, 4:59:18 PM2/27/17
to lug_a...@googlegroups.com, nitdgplug
Well, the idea was that as the AGM happens, the final years will add the new office bearers to the list. It happened for initial 3-4 years, but then that is how it is.