A summary of ongoing activities of GNU/Linux User's Group

Adarsh Singh

Aug 21, 2017, 8:52:14 AM8/21/17
to nitd...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

Warm greetings from GNU/Linux Users' Group. With the commencement of this session GLUG is implementing the following ideas for benefits of the students and college and promoting open source as a whole.

1.) GLUG Screencasts

A Video Series for the new joinees to know about the various directions to explore in the information technology field. Starting from what GLUG is, to what's open source all about, introduction to web technologies, Linux, Version Control Systems we have tried to cover it all.

Playlists Link :

A Technical Head-start to college life part 1 :

A Technical Head-start to college life part 2 :

Please spread this so that many other enthusiastic people are motivated to choose what to learn and develop and use open source softwares.

2.) Tech Talks

The idea is to conduct technical talks on a different technology on day 1 and do a hackthon with the same on day 2 every week.

To begin with, the first tech talk has been arranged on the topic “Insights into Web Extensions”, commencing this Tuesday.

3.) Technical Support for the College

We are aiming at providing technical support to the college by catering to the needs of each department like creating registration website, voting system, technical support for seminars, etc. The proposed idea will be shared with the HOD's and approval will be taken very shortly.
For training and placement cell we have developed a system to fill the willingness for a company and one time details will be filled up automatically, thus removing the current process of creating google forms for each company

Hope you all liked it.

We would Love your suggestions and advices.

With Regards,

Adarsh Singh,
President
GNU/Linux Users’ Group