[BETA] [TESTING REUIRED] My own build of a terminal emulator [Suckless Terminal] [Jash's Build]

Jashaswimalya Acharjee

Aug 24, 2020, 5:00:15 AM8/24/20
to NIT Agartala GNU/Linux Users Group
Recently, I got influenced by a PhD Scholar, named Luke Smith. He created his own meta-distribution of linux (Containing softwares which are modified by him). So, I myself took it as a challenge too. Went on searching for "how to make a terminal in C" - Why C?? Because it is fast and it is the native language for Unix based systems and nicely integrate with the system.
Soon after some research I found out there's an open source project called Suckless Project which is aimed to provide people softwares, which as the name suggests, Sucks Less. So without any further delay I set out reading their documentation, as well as various C language specific topics in order to strengthen my grip on how this stuff interacts with system. And also how to "make" Makefiles using GNU Make utility.

So here is the link to my free software : jash-st

I spent the last few days figuring this out and doing all sorts of experimentation with it.
Do Give it a try, a simple " sudo make clean install " will do the trick. It will compile in under 10 seconds. the default build directory is on /usr/local/bin/ there will be the executable binary. Or if you are using any desktop environment hopefully a desktop icon will appear in your search bar if your search st. If not then you can always open a terminal and type "/usr/local/bin/st" to run the terminal. It's still in Beta and many more features I will incorporate. Do check it out and review. I need testers.

if the above link doesn't work: https://github.com/jash-maester/jash-st

**Every command mentioned should be typed without quotes**