Fwd: Diaspora in mesh network

Aveek Sen

Feb 13, 2011, 10:58:13 AM2/13/11
to nitalug
--
sent via mobile device

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gioacchino Mazzurco <gmazz...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 18:17:05 +0100
Subject: Diaspora in mesh network
To: diaspo...@googlegroups.com

Hey all!

I am Gioacchino from EigenLab in Pisa.

We are building a grassroots distributed network, that support ipv6 and
ipv4.

Our network is completely decentralized. Also services using our network are
distributed and we was looking for a social networking that can be
completely decentralized and we found Diaspora.

We are curious on how Diaspora's pods find each other, and if they can talk
each other without dns or knowing the ips, to discover services in our
network we use bonjour service auto-announcing protocol, is diaspora
supporting this?

We also are interested in helping Diaspora development for example
integrating voip in diaspora or other kind of communication/sharing.