Regarding ubuntu upgrade problem

SUJIT KUMAR

May 2, 2011, 6:22:19 PM5/2/11
to NIT Agartala GNU/Linux Users Group
Hi friends
I have upgrade the UBUNTU 10.10 to 11.04 but after upgrading the
screen is blinking and can't carry any task easily as before . Please
help me out.

Regards
Sujit Kumar

A. Mani

May 3, 2011, 8:55:27 PM5/3/11
to nit...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 3:52 AM, SUJIT KUMAR <suji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi friends
>  I have upgrade the UBUNTU 10.10 to 11.04 but after upgrading the
> screen is blinking and can't carry any task easily as before . Please
> help me out.

That is possibly due to Unity.

Boot in recovery mode and go to a shell.

Try to fix X

else
#sudo apt-get upgrade
#sudo apt-get check
#sudo apt-get -f install

Install a alternative desktop like kde, xfce etc

#sudo apt-get install xfce*

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani
ASL, CLC,  AMS, CMS

Sumit

Jul 20, 2011, 2:55:57 PM7/20/11
to nit...@googlegroups.com
It's probably because of Unity. You can try Gnome3 instead. It's quite stable now. It works fine for me.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gnome-shell
restart the system.