Video of prospective motion detection/correction methods

Raamana, Pradeep Reddy

Oct 6, 2021, 2:06:22 PM10/6/21
to niQC

Great talk and discussion today on prospective motion detection/correction methods: https://youtu.be/9_BH3NJcRzs

Some interesting technical/methodological questions/debate:

  • Should motion be measured in every neuroimaging acquisition, as a best practice/QC protocol?
    • That would provide us a way to have an objective known estimate of motion that happened, as opposed to relying on unreliable human memory
  • We also touched upon on the recurring debate on how do we define or rely on SNR in the motion detection applications?
  • And that there might potentially be a role for dynamic phantoms to validate the motion correction or motion detection methods, as it can provide a known ground truth in terms of the amount of motion that happened (as opposed to making a [likely inaccurate] assumption of simple rigid motion for human head)

Thanks,

Pradeep

Assistant Professor,

Department of Radiology,

University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.

Lab : openmindslab.com

Blog: crossinvalidation.com