Let's distribute the survey

Pradeep Reddy Raamana

Feb 11, 2019, 7:11:44 PM2/11/19
to NIQC
Hi Everyone,

Good news - the survey we designed has been approved by our institute's REB  - thank you Martin for the timely reminder!

This means we can now get started with distributing it widely - Malin would be kindly helping me with distributing it to INCF mailing list, and I am working with the OHBM staff to achieve the same.

I need volunteers to share it in various appropriate venues and mailing lists - feel free to use the sample text below.

In addition, I request you to post it in your own institute mailing lists, and ask your collaborators and friends to do the same.

Thank you.

To: The {{<<CHANGE-THIS>>}} Community

From: The NeuroImaging Quality Control (niQC) special interest group from the INCF

Subject:   Invitation to Contribute to the Development of Best Practices for niQC

The niQC special interest group (SIG) aims to standardize and develop best practices for neuroimaging QC and Quality Assurance (QA). Learn more here: tinyurl.com/WeNeedNiQC

We invite you to fill this survey, to help us to get a sense of various types of QC/QA that is done in the neuroimaging community. We would like you to cover the "full life-cycle" of neuroimaging research, including but not limited to data collection, preprocessing, intermediate outputs and final results. We request you to provide details into the various QC/QA processes you conduct in your projects. We plan to analyze all the responses from the community to identify the challenges our community is facing, consolidate and review existing research, develop protocols, compile manuals, improve tools, and make recommendations for best practices.

Fill the survey: https://tinyurl.com/niQC-HighLevel-Survey-2019

Find out more about joining this effort to standardize neuroimaging QC here: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/niqc

This survey is fully anonymous and we do not track anything. We plan to publicly release your input, in its raw form as well as in various forms of aggregate summaries. In addition to the aforementioned uses, your response will be used for anything else the group would consider necessary in the future to advance its mission. Your participation is voluntary and you can withdraw from this survey anytime.

Cheers,
Pradeep
Message has been deleted

Pradeep Reddy Raamana

Feb 11, 2019, 11:47:49 PM2/11/19
to Ben Inglis, NIQC
That's a good suggestion - I am definitely open to putting in a line or two towards that.

My current intuition is that labs will coordinate among themselves. Moreover, I feel it's typically only 1/2 lab members that are leading the QC/QA parts of the projects (unless it's a giant lab), who are most likely to respond. Also, from my own admittedly limited exposure, responses to surveys tend to be underwhelming, and not overwhelming. But I love to be totally wrong and see the responses rain in on us :).

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:35 PM <bin...@berkeley.edu> wrote:
Sorry for my poor memory on this, but when we distribute are we aiming to cast as wide a net as possible - all neuroimaging practitioners, of all experience levels, regardless of background & expertise - or do we want some sort of tailored sampling? If tailored, are we looking to capture information at the PI/lab level, the center/institute level, or something else? My concern with a wide net is the possibility of low SNR. It might be better to ask respondents to formulate a response on behalf of their lab or their center, or some other functional unit, in order to avoid needless replication and, perhaps, a more considered response overall.

Apologies if this was already discussed and decided. Anything prior to last week is ancient history!

Postdoctoral fellow
Neuroinformatics,
3560 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON
Canada, M6A 2E1.
Phone: +1 416-785-2500 x6408

Pradeep Reddy Raamana

Feb 13, 2019, 9:55:51 AM2/13/19
to Remi Gau, NIQC
That would be fantastic Remi - thanks. Fidel posted in FSL list already and I did it in NITRC and neurostars.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 7:00 AM Remi Gau <remi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Shall we do all the usual mailing list for the different softwares: SPM, FSL, Freesurfer, AFNI?

There are a couple of facebook groups where it would not hurt I believe.

@+

Remi

Remi Gau

Remi Gau

Feb 14, 2019, 10:37:47 AM2/14/19
to NIQC

Pradeep Reddy Raamana

Apr 18, 2019, 3:12:06 PM4/18/19
to NIQC
Quick update: we received 40 responses so far (including about 12-18 responses from this group). Although I expected low response rate, this is disappointing given we were able to broadcast it to OHBM and MICCAI (ISMRM said no, but might post it on News soon), which should have reached atleast 2500 members (4000+ emails). As the survey ended up in spam for some folks, I've requested OHBM/MICCAI to send a reminder.

I request you to send in a reminder at places where posted it earlier (with a 2 weeks deadline e.g. May 3, 2019), as well as share it in newer and relevant channels. Perhaps we can start discussing how to summarize and sort the responses in early May?

Thanks,
Pradeep
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to niqc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Pradeep Reddy Raamana

Apr 22, 2019, 11:25:21 AM4/22/19
to JB Poline, NIQC
Thank you - appreciate everyone's push in their circles of work.

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 3:27 PM JB Poline <jbpo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Pradeep

yes, surveys are tough - often in the range of 2-4% - not sure why this one is not getting greater response rate
will push further
cheers
JB

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/niqc/790cd9ad-1b81-4717-b645-9839ec37f983%40googlegroups.com.