Potential meet/discussion at OHBM?

Pradeep Reddy Raamana

May 14, 2019, 5:34:02 PM5/14/19
to NIQC
Hi Everyone,

How many of you will be there at OHBM, and is there interest and utility in organizing a niQC meetup there? e.g. in the open science room?

I don't think we will have time to sift through the responses (60 so far), but even a simple meet and greet is valuable as many of us haven't met each other yet. In addition, this would give a place and time for newcomers interested in joining us and asking questions, and raising awareness etc.

Thoughts?

If we were to do it, and on more than one time-slot, I would need volunteers.

PS: We will have a more in-depth SIG meeting at NI'2019 in Poland.

Thanks,
Pradeep

--
Postdoctoral fellow
Neuroinformatics,

Pradeep Reddy Raamana

May 14, 2019, 6:41:15 PM5/14/19
to niQC
Someone suggested periodic virtual meet ups (e.g. via Zoom) once we have substantial items for discussion, such as the responses from the high-level survey. It's a great idea, and we can perhaps do it after OHBM? The deadline indicated in the recent reminders for the survey was May 21. I am hoping promotion during OHBM would generate more responses, and we can kickstart the discussion of the survey late June.

Also, hello to many new members!! Welcome :)

Grégory Operto

May 15, 2019, 4:54:36 AM5/15/19
to niQC
Hi Pradeep,

many thanks for the great initiative.
Afaic I will be at OHBM and willing to meet there.
See you soon in Rome.

Best wishes,

Greg

Pradeep Reddy Raamana

May 21, 2019, 11:58:29 PM5/21/19
to niQC
Hi Everyone,

I received some Yes's, and I feel its important we do it, so let's do it. I made a request at the Open Science Room

I'm thinking Monday lunch time, or Tuesday 11am-noon, but take a look at the program and suggest alternatives (dates as well as rooms):

Anyone knows the food situation at the Auditorium? If food is available inside the building, we can lunch and greet :).

Thanks,
Pradeep

JB Poline

May 22, 2019, 8:44:00 AM5/22/19
to Pradeep Reddy Raamana, niQC
I'll be there and happy to participate !
cheers
JB

Vince Calhoun

May 22, 2019, 8:49:49 AM5/22/19
to JB Poline, Pradeep Reddy Raamana, niQC

Lei Wang

May 22, 2019, 10:55:52 AM5/22/19
to Vince Calhoun, JB Poline, Pradeep Reddy Raamana, niQC

I’ll be there too.

--Lei

--

Lei Wang, Ph.D.

Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Radiology

710 N. Lake Shore Drive, Abbott Hall 1322

Chicago, IL 60611

Tel. office:            312-503-3983

Fax:              312-503-0527

Email:                  leiw...@northwestern.edu

fsm-signature

Ami Tsuchida

May 22, 2019, 11:01:53 AM5/22/19
to Lei Wang, Vince Calhoun, JB Poline, Pradeep Reddy Raamana, niQC
Hello,

My colleagues from Bordeaux University and I will be there as well :-)

Ami Tsuchida, PhD

Katja Heuer

May 22, 2019, 11:37:58 AM5/22/19
to Ami Tsuchida, Lei Wang, Vince Calhoun, JB Poline, Pradeep Reddy Raamana, niQC
Sounds fantastic! will be there too :)

Jean Chen

May 22, 2019, 12:26:26 PM5/22/19
to Pradeep Reddy Raamana, niQC
Hi Pradeep,

I should be able to participate. Belated congrats on getting the educational symposium accepted!

Jean

Jean Chen, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist, Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
Associate Professor, Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto
Canada Research Chair in Neuroimaging of Aging

Address: 3560 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6A 2E1

David Rotenberg

May 22, 2019, 1:08:19 PM5/22/19
to Pradeep Reddy Raamana, niQC

Sounds great! Absolutely.

David

David Rotenberg

Operations Director, Krembil Centre for Neuroinformatics

Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)

(416) 570 4808

(416) 535-8501 ext. 33979

Email: david.r...@camh.ca

www.krembilneuroinformatics.ca

May 27, 2019, 1:24:23 PM5/27/19
to David Rotenberg, niQC
Thanks everyone, very glad to hear so much interest. We need to choose a time slot: how about Monday 11am? Other option is Wednesday 15.00.

This would be at the Open Science Room.

Thanks,
Pradeep

Robert Welsh

May 27, 2019, 3:51:34 PM5/27/19
to Pradeep Reddy Raamana, David Rotenberg, niQC
I can be there.

-Robert

Alistair Perry

Romain Valabregue

May 28, 2019, 3:52:20 PM5/28/19
to Pradeep Reddy Raamana, David Rotenberg, niQC
Hi
Sounds good!
 I would prefer monday