High resolution phantoms

Daniel Glen

Oct 21, 2021, 6:08:31 PM10/21/21
to niQC
In a former life, I worked for a nuclear medicine SPECT manufacturer, and these kinds of phantoms were used for testing spatial resolution. Optical targets like the USAF 1951 glass reticles are used for optical systems. Looking through the posts here, there are all kinds of interesting phantoms, but there must be something like this for different kinds of MRI.

Raamana, Pradeep Reddy

Oct 25, 2021, 10:36:49 AM10/25/21
to Daniel Glen, niQC, Richard Mallozzi, Aaron Oliver-Taylor
Thanks Daniel - very interesting! cc-ing Gold Standard Phantoms and Phantom Lab folks to get their comments. Also, here is an earlier deep dive dedicated to phantoms, in the Quality Conversations series: https://youtu.be/HFEt3ZxLBl8

Another one discussing the utility of phantoms beyond mere QA: