signal vs. noise

Raamana, Pradeep Reddy

Oct 10, 2021, 5:08:25 PM10/10/21
to niQC

Hi Everyone,

An early reminder for this important talk on Tuesday 11am EST by Dr. Thomas Liu* giving us an overview of different types of noise in fMRI. This talk is a good opportunity to debate signal and noise, and I hope you can make it.

*Someone I respect calls him a genius that gives excellent talks.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Thanks,

Pradeep

Assistant Professor,

Department of Radiology,

University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.

Lab : openmindslab.com

Blog: crossinvalidation.com

Raamana, Pradeep Reddy

Oct 12, 2021, 4:08:32 PM10/12/21
to Bandettini, Peter (NIH/NIMH) [E], niQC, Liu, Thomas

Here is the video from today’s fascinating and didactic overview:

https://youtu.be/76y1Vg12oeA

Much thanks to Dr. Liu for taking the time, and the other 30+ quality champions for the great discussion.

From: Bandettini, Peter (NIH/NIMH) [E] <band...@mail.nih.gov>
Date: Monday, October 11, 2021 at 6:44 AM
To: Raamana, Pradeep Reddy <RAAM...@pitt.edu>, niQC <ni...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: signal vs. noise

Thanks Pradeep. Yes, Tom gives outstanding talks! Unfortunately, I’m also giving a talk for JHU at precisely this time. (Tuesday mornings in general have been packed for me!). I’m very bummed that I’ll miss this, but again, please record if you can!

Best,

Peter

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/niqc/DM6PR04MB6746883697535C314F73C5F1B8B49%40DM6PR04MB6746.namprd04.prod.outlook.com.