Ninject.Web.Common

Tim Power

Apr 16, 2020, 12:37:40 PM4/16/20
to ninject
After cleaning up my code I removed a reference to Castle.Core as I don't remember adding it and when I ran the project, kernel = new StandardKernel() started blowing with the error message

Could not load file or assembly 'Castle.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=407dd0808d44fbdc' or one of its dependencies

I'm not using Ninject.Extensions.Factory which does have this dependency and I've looked at the dependencies for every nuget package and there are none.
Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Tim

Frederick Brier

Apr 16, 2020, 2:10:55 PM4/16/20
to ninject
Are you using Ninject.Extensions.Interception? What other packages/projects are you using?

Fred

Frederick Brier

Apr 16, 2020, 2:25:57 PM4/16/20
to ninject
BTW, if Ninject.Web.Common is all you are using, I don't see the problem. I'm not saying the following is your problem, but an old version of NRules was showing up as an unresolved reference. Turned out it was in a .dgml file. Still not sure why a documentation artifact was causing an unresolved reference in execution, but updating it to the new version resolved the problem.

Fred