reproducible crashes

Georg Lehner

Apr 4, 2010, 3:12:17 PM4/4/10
to nin...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

In the recent "Episode 6" of ninefs i also modified _SetFileAttributes()
to mask some harmless
attributes and thus avoid lots of error messages.

When copying large filetrees ninefs crashes. Copying with Windows
Explorer goes along some
two minutes on my laptop, however when copying from the commandline with
xcopy /s/e i get
a reproducible crash after relatively view operations, if the
destination (on ninefs) is deleted
after each copy session. If i repeat the xcopy operation overwriting
already existing files/directories
copying gets over the previous crash point and crashes later.

Regards,

Jorge-Le�

Tim Newsham

Apr 4, 2010, 11:17:30 PM4/4/10
to nin...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your various patches, tests and crash repro. I'm out of town now on
business and will be on vacation a few days after that. I should be
able to look
over this stuff when I return in a week and a half.

Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | thenewsh.blogspot.com