NINetworkImageView causes memory leak? ( suspect Nimbus ARC + AFNetworking non ARC )

amir aharon

Aug 22, 2012, 11:15:31 AM8/22/12
to nimb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have NINetworkImageView per cell in a table view. I have detected that scrolling the table view will increase my memory. checking with Instrument, I can see that the objects are CFData , which comes from CFURLCache...

seems like these cached objects are never cleaned up.

searching the web, I found the following: "ARC (Automatic Reference Counting) is great, but it Cocoa doesn’t set it up for us on background threads, so we can still get memory leaks from application code that calls non-ARC Apple frameworks."

Since the latest Nimbus must enable ARC, although AFNetworking(which is a must for NINetworkImageView) doesn't support ARC,
I suspect it may be a bug in Nimbus Library?

thanks,
amir.