making user -> profile one-to-one

Sudhir N

May 4, 2012, 3:30:41 AM5/4/12
to Nimble
Hello,

I am thinking of making, user -> profile a true one-to-one. User hasOne profile - profile belongsTo user, and add unique constraint on user.profile.
currently profile belongs to user but its not one-to-one, FK resides in user table, after the change, the FK would go in profile table.
However this change won't be backward compatible with existing user's and will need migration. Any concerns/comments - regarding weather we should do this change or not ..

Thanks
Sudhir

René Okouya

May 8, 2012, 10:59:29 AM5/8/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com

As far as i'm concern i think you should go for it ...i'm ready to make the migration effort

Keep Up the Good Work

peace

Peter Ledbrook

May 9, 2012, 6:16:28 AM5/9/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
You might want to include a template Database Migration plugin
changeset for this to help with the migration.

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate