All new nimble - with twitter bootstrap

Sudhir N

Apr 30, 2012, 1:08:45 AM4/30/12
to Nimble
Hello,

I have updated nimble to work with grails 2.x, Resources plugin, latest shiro plugin (1.1.4)
The UI has been reworked to use twitter bootstrap, The markup is almost same but it now uses twitter bootstrap.

The core of nimble is not changed, so existing user's should work fine.

Here are some of the screenshots

I have plan to
1. remove existing Facebook realms, and depend on shiro-oauth plugin - that would make it possible to use facebook/twitter any many other oauth providers that are supported by scribe
2. Add support for impersonate

It's still work in progress.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome

Sudhir

Jean Barmash

Apr 30, 2012, 9:38:42 AM4/30/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com

That's fantastic, I also did a bit of work getting nimble working with 2.0, but that pales in comparison with what you have done.

Are you planning on releasing a new plugin version into the repository?

Jean

Roberto Guerra

Apr 30, 2012, 9:56:17 AM4/30/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
Awesome job. Thank you so much.
--
The Journey Is The Reward.

Sudhir N

Apr 30, 2012, 10:30:48 AM4/30/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I will have all the code pushed to github.. I am not sure if there's anyway for us to release this on grails central.

Sudhir

> Yeah, I will have all the code pushed to github.. I am not sure if there's
> anyway for us to release this on grails central.

You can't put the source code on Grails Central, but you can certainly
publish the plugin there.

Peter

--
Peter Ledbrook
Grails Advocate

Sudhir N

Apr 30, 2012, 1:59:06 PM4/30/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peter,
I know grails central isnt for hosting code - However I did not know weather it's possible to release new versions of the plugin that was originally released by some one else..

Sudhir

Apr 30, 2012, 2:01:06 PM4/30/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
maybe give it a new name?  nimble2 ?

Michael Kimsal
http://michaelkimsal.com
919.827.4724

Bradley Beddoes

Apr 30, 2012, 6:32:10 PM4/30/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
Congrats on this work, Bootstrap is wonderful for UI stuff.

If you'd like to take over the plugin ownership or need something from me to help you release it on Grails central I am more then happy to provide what I can to make it happen.

cheers,
Bradley

Sudhir N

May 1, 2012, 12:49:56 AM5/1/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bradley,

I will let you know when I am ready to release, should take me one or two weekends.

Sudhir

May 2, 2012, 1:12:13 AM5/2/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
yeah, its there.. but i haven't pushed a lot of changes yet..
I am planning to cleanup things this weekend and then push it to github

Sudhir

Sent: Wednesday, 2 May 2012 10:20 AM

ok....@gmail.com

May 8, 2012, 5:38:47 PM5/8/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com, Sudhir N

  Hi

      Following the last comment, what are the steps i need to follow in order to install the fresh revamp nimble plugin from you github repo ? i guess your version of nimble is not yet available in grails central repo so it's not gonna work with a grails install-plugin nimble ?

  thanks

   René

Sudhir N

May 9, 2012, 2:05:46 AM5/9/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
If you want to try, you can checkout the git repo and install as inline plugin

In your BuildConfig.groovy
grails.plugin.location.'nimble' = "../path-to-folder-where-youcheckouttheocde"

And thn run jack-be-nimble script

Few things aren't complete yet (forgot password screen/registration screen and facebook/openid won't work yet)
Let me know if you find any issues

Thanks
Sudhir

May 9, 2012, 4:21:30 AM5/9/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you Sudhir, i will check it out and let you know how it goes for me.

Peace !

René Okouya

May 9, 2012, 11:13:33 AM5/9/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com

Hi  Sudhir,

So i've tried to set it up, and here is what i did :

1/ configure builconfig.groovy with the inplace plugin as follow

grails.plugin.location.'nimble' = "C:/Devworks/Devsources/TestNimbleProject/nimble"

2/  create domain class with the  jack-be-nimble script   as follow :
 grails jack-be-nimble com.example.TestNimbleProject.domain.model Person profil

3/ execute : "grails run-app"  on the comand line

Then i get a bunch of error as follow :

UserService.groovy: 20: unable to resolve clas
s org.apache.shiro.crypto.hash.Sha256Hash
 @ line 20, column 1.
   import org.apache.shiro.crypto.hash.Sha256Hash
   import org.apache.shiro.SecurityUtils
   import org.apache.shiro.authz.permission.AllPermission
    import org.apache.shiro.authc.UnknownAccountException
   .... etc

Do i need to configure a dependency somewhere pointing to the vanilla shiro library ?

thanks

Sudhir N

May 9, 2012, 11:38:56 AM5/9/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
You dont need to install any lib separately..Ensure you have all required plugins installed..

  • shiro 1.1.4
  • mail 0.6
  • twitter-bootstrap 2.0.1.22
  • resources 1.1.6
  • fields 1.2

try calling grails refresh-dependencies

Sudhir

May 15, 2012, 7:26:23 AM5/15/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
Any one who want to try.. I have just deployed app to http://gimble.cloudfoundry.com/
The default admin password would work - admin/admiN123!

Let me know if you find any bugs/or Improvements ..

Thanks
Sudhir

May 15, 2012, 5:16:11 PM5/15/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com, Sudhir N

Hey Sudhir,

One thing i guess for new comer  to nimble , would be really helpfull would be to have an actual hello world like tuto to secure an Host Application with nimble. Just to speed up getting the basics setup in place ?

it's really out of scoop, but i'm actually trying to get it done on a grails vaadin application ( graills + vaadin plugin + nimble plugin ) .  it's not really straightforward even with nimble . Do you guys have any idea  on how that can be done or not ?

Thanks

Sudhir N

May 16, 2012, 2:45:04 AM5/16/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com
I haven't tried vaadin, but for any grails application in general, you should be able to enforce accesscontrol by convention using accessControl closure in filters.

Sudhir

Sent: Wednesday, 16 May 2012 2:46 AM

peace

2012/5/9 Sudhir N <sudhir_...@yahoo.com>
 grails jack-be-nimble com.example.TestNimbleProject. domain.model Person profil
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nimbleproject/-/ZscsHW2dl40J.

René Okouya

May 16, 2012, 9:34:03 AM5/16/12
to nimble...@googlegroups.com

Hello Sudhir,

 Thanks for pointing me to the right ressources, i'm going to deep dive into it

Thanks