*** caught segfault ***

diegoro...@gmail.com

May 24, 2024, 3:44:41 AMMay 24
to nimble-users
Hello!

I am having an "caught segfault" error on the execution of the MCMC. After a few hours of the execution of the first chain the following error pops up.

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x7fcfa3bc8240, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
 1: as.matrix.CmodelValues(mcmc$mvSamples)
 2: as.matrix(mcmc$mvSamples)
 3: runMCMC(cMy.MCMC, niter = 120000, nburnin = 80000, nchains = 3,     summary = TRUE)
An irrecoverable exception occurred. R is aborting now ...
/appl/opt/csc-cli-utils/bin/singularity_wrapper: line 42: 1711121 Segmentation fault      apptainer --silent exec $SING_FLAGS $SING_IMAGE "${@:2}"

any idea on what is going on?
Thank you in advance!

--
Diego

Chris Paciorek

May 26, 2024, 3:02:18 PMMay 26
to diegoro...@gmail.com, nimble-users
Hi Diego,

Thanks for this report.

It's surprising to see the seg fault at the stage of extracting the MCMC samples...

We'd need more information to help with this. Can you provide (possibly off-list as needed) a reproducible example. Also, can you provide the apptainer/singularity recipe?

This may be time-consuming to track down given it's a long MCMC run.

-chris