fail to read waic

Qing Zhao

May 28, 2024, 8:34:59 AMMay 28
to nimble-users
Dear group,

I ran this model and calculated the WAIC value. When I read in the saved output file (in .RData format), everything is fine. However, when I copied the output to another computer, I only got this when I tried to read the WAIC value:

> fit$WAIC
An object of class "waicNimbleList"
<S4 Type Object>
attr(,".xData")
<environment: 0x000002746e532500>

The samples can be correctly read. This is probably not a big problem since I can always use the original computer, but I'm just curious why this happens and how it can be solved. Thank you.

Best,
Qing

Perry de Valpine

May 28, 2024, 6:22:52 PMMay 28
to Qing Zhao, nimble-users
Dear Qing,
Thanks for posting the question. Unfortunately, nimbleList objects cannot be successfully saved and loaded because they access data residing in C++ objects. You would need to copy fields from the waicNimbleList into regular R objects to save them.
Perry

Qing Zhao

May 29, 2024, 10:00:59 AMMay 29
to Perry de Valpine, nimble-users