Question about fitting model in NIMBLE

yang xu

Jun 9, 2021, 10:42:51 AMJun 9
to nimble-users
Hello nimble users and developers,

I am new to NIMBLE, and I am just wondering if I could fit Bayesian spatial factor model using NIMBLE. I appreciate any suggestions!

Many Thanks!

Best,
Yang

Chris Paciorek

Jun 10, 2021, 4:28:08 PMJun 10
to yang xu, nimble-users
hi Yang,

As long as you can write the model in the NIMBLE model language (essentially the BUGS language), this should be possible. If you use MCMC for fitting, mixing may vary widely with the parameterization used and the MCMC configuration details. And the speed of fitting may be affected by exactly how any linear algebra computations are written.

Others may have more specific suggestions...

-chris