model$plotGraph() options?

Scott Brown

Jun 3, 2024, 12:47:26 PMJun 3
to nimble-users
Hello,

My model's graph is quite large, and the default parameters of `plotGraph` give a graph that isn't legible.  Is it possible to provide `vertex.size` and `label.cex` sorts of parameters expected by `igraph` to `plotGraph`?

Cheers,
-Scott

Perry de Valpine

Jun 3, 2024, 1:44:36 PMJun 3
to Scott Brown, nimble-users
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the question.
We haven't done much around creating nice graph plots using igraph's features for that. My own little bit of experience is that it's hard to get something that looks good, especially for a model of any non-trivial size.
If you look at model$plotGraph (no parentheses) to see the source code, you'll see it is just a single line to call igraph's plot method via igraph::plot.igraph(graph). You can access nimble's igraph object by model$graph or model$getGraph(). From there you can explore igraph's plotting features as fully as you want to.
HTH
Perry