Github is now telling me I've got security vulnerabilities when I do a "nikola github_deploy".

T. Kurt Bond

Jul 23, 2021, 2:43:39 AM7/23/21
to nikola-discuss
Github is now telling me I've got security vulnerabilities when I do a "nikola github_deploy".

Here's the message I got:

remote: GitHub found 4 vulnerabilities on tkurtbond/tkurtbond.github.io's default branch (1 high, 3 moderate). To find out more, visit:
remote:      <a url i've omitted>

Anybody have any idea what I should do about this?

T. Kurt Bond

Jul 23, 2021, 2:53:50 AM7/23/21
to nikola-discuss
A little more information: I'm using bootblog-jinja, which inherits from bootstrap3-jinja, which is what includes jquery.min.* comes from.

Chris Warrick

Jul 23, 2021, 6:23:15 PM7/23/21
to Nikola—Discuss
Those "vulnerabilities" are caused by jQuery 1.x being used by
bootstrap3-jinja, and jQuery 1.x isn’t supported anymore. I wouldn't
really consider those vulnerabilities important for a typical Nikola
site. You could try to upgrade jQuery for your site, although I think
that jQuery 3 might be too new for some components that bootstrap3
uses. You can also disable the warnings on GitHub.

PGP: 5EAAEA16

T. Kurt Bond

Jul 24, 2021, 4:26:42 PM7/24/21
to nikola-discuss