External links to open in a new window

Krishnakanth Allika

Jan 14, 2021, 9:14:30 AM1/14/21
to nikola-discuss
Is there a way to open all external links in the site in a new window instead of writing html tags for each link?

Chris Warrick

Jan 14, 2021, 12:59:20 PM1/14/21
to Nikola—Discuss
On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 15:14, Krishnakanth Allika <mai...@dsouza.wbys.in> wrote:

> Is there a way to open all external links in the site in a new window instead of writing html tags for each link?
>
> --

Nothing specific in Nikola. Your compiler might or might not have
something for this. You could also write a compiler plugin or Nikola
filter that converts links like that. (Although I would reconsider if
it’s really necessary and a good idea, I can open links in tabs on my
own, thankyouverymuch.)

PGP: 5EAAEA16

Krishnakanth Allika

Jan 14, 2021, 1:11:16 PM1/14/21
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your response.

That appears like a lot of work and I have no idea how to write a plugin or a Nikola filter.

This feature isn't that necessary, just a good to have thing. I can do without it.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "nikola-discuss" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nikola-discuss/CAMw%2Bj7KUHXUBA9sQGkMnKvFDoVP17BU3UspMBUg7s8jMtg-V5A%40mail.gmail.com.