TopLevelLookupException

Don Oxley

Jan 26, 2022, 7:41:09 AM1/26/22
to nikola-discuss
I'm trying to get things back in operation after some pretty catastrophic commits to the system.  I'm running Nikola 8.1.2 (fresh install) and things are behaving 'somewhat normally'.  However, if I do a build, I'm getting exceptions looking for templates that should be in the Nikola base (they are present).  Also if I do a nikola theme -c page.tmpl (or archive.tmpl or index.tmpl) I get a not found result.

I'm assuming that I've somehow set something that could cause that behavior, but I'm at a loss for what it might be.  I'd appreciate any pointers on where I might look.

I have  a breakpoint in mako  line 135 looking for index.tmpl.   That in turn is coming from NIkola:generic_renderer line 2285

I'm not expecting you to help debug, but I would appreciate any hints on where I might look.
Thanks,
   --Don

Don Oxley

Jan 26, 2022, 11:16:04 AM1/26/22
to nikola-discuss
Got it.  Looks like I may have had an incomplete Nikola install (I used PyCharm).  In any case, I installed again (following the published instructions) and it seems to be working now.
Sorry for the errant request for help.
    --Don