Markdown and mermaid support

Maciej Kusz

Aug 4, 2021, 8:07:23 AM8/4/21
to nikola-discuss
Does anybody was able to integrate mermaid with markdown syntax? Or there is another way of adding charts using markdown?

Roberto Alsina

Aug 4, 2021, 8:14:50 AM8/4/21
to Nikola—Discuss
On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 9:07 AM Maciej Kusz <macie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anybody was able to integrate mermaid with markdown syntax? Or there is another way of adding charts using markdown?

Not sure anyone has tried.

Depending on what sort of chart you want, Nikola already has support for a number of things:

There is a graphviz extension for rst which could easily be converted into a shortcode: https://plugins.getnikola.com/v7/graphviz/

Then any python-markdown extension that does charts should work if you install it and enable it.

For example, superfences seems to support mermaid:

Roberto Alsina

Aug 4, 2021, 8:17:50 AM8/4/21
to Nikola—Discuss
Or just use this extension:

Of course since mermaid renders client side you will have to change templates to add the proper stuff to the page.

Maciej Kusz

Aug 16, 2021, 4:18:56 AM8/16/21
to nikola-discuss
Thanks for directing me to shortcodes. It was something I was looking for.
As for md-mermaid I have tried it but without success. I have added all files and link them into template but I was producing empty block. Not sure why but since shortcodes are working for me I was not digging into that.