Nikola IRC: now at #nikola on irc.libera.chat

Chris Warrick

May 30, 2021, 7:30:06 AM5/30/21
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

you might have heard about recent issues with Freenode, including some
new worrying policies and hostile channel takeovers (see [0] for more
details). As a result, many communities moved away from Freenode and
onto the new network, irc.libera.chat. The #nikola IRC channel was on
Freenode for almost 6.5 years, but in the light of the recent events, we
are now also on irc.libera.chat. While we don't plan to completely close
down the Freenode channel for now, the irc.libera.chat channel should be
considered the main channel, and we'd love to see you there!

[0]: https://gist.github.com/joepie91/df80d8d36cd9d1bde46ba018af497409

[1]: https://libera.chat/

OpenPGP_0x71023DBD5EAAEA16.asc
OpenPGP_signature