Nikola "plugin" command not working on v8.3.0 on Debian Bookworm

Andy DʼArcy Jewell

Feb 18, 2024, 11:09:37 AMFeb 18
to nikola-discuss
Hi all - Nikola newbie here.

When running nikola plugin under a freshly installed instance of Nikola, I'm getting an error:

$ nikola plugin
[2024-02-18 15:59:31] ERROR: Nikola: Unknown command plugin
[2024-02-18 15:59:31] INFO: Nikola: Did you mean "clean"?

This has just been installed this afternoon, on my x86 laptop, running Debian Bookworm.

I've been running since New Year's Eve on a raspberry pi (running on DietPi bookworm if that's important) and the command runs fine on that. It's running Nikola v8.2.4.

I don't think it's because of my conf.py as it still does this in a new directory with the default conf.py.

I've also confirmed that the actual "plugin.py" and "plugin.plugin" files exist in Nikola's source directory, under the "plugins/command" directory. It's also listed if I do "nikola help" and I get detailed help if I run "nikola help plugin".

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance,
AndyDJ

Andy DʼArcy Jewell

Feb 18, 2024, 2:09:05 PMFeb 18
to nikola-...@googlegroups.com
Update: I upgraded to 8.3.0 on the raspberry pi, and it *also* began to give an error when invoking the "plugin" command; reverting to 8.2.4 fixed the issue, on both the x86 and RPi. Going to log an issue, as this seems likely to be a regression.

-Andydj