On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Nikola v8.0.3. This release fixes a few bugs, including
a notable one with galleries not working on mobile.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python.
It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup
formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn
Jupyter Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries,
and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely
fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
Install using `pip install Nikola`.
* Add Friulian translation by aoanla
* Add ``extra_header`` and ``extra_footer`` blocks to templates
* Add ``REST_FILE_INSERTION_ENABLED`` config option to enable or
disable reST external file inclusion directives (Issue #3311)
* Support Markdown v3.x (Issue #3173)
* Fix galleries in Firefox Mobile and when resizing window
* Output ``<code>`` tag for double backticks in reST (Issue #3276)
* Fully switch to HTML5 writer for reST (Issue #3276,
* Make ipynb listings work again
* Correctly link to listings with spaces in their names
* import_wordpress plugin doesn't require anymore a translation and
can use nikola's default if none provided
* Wordpress+qtranslate import (--qtranslate option) now works with
more recent versions of plugins from the qtranslate family (namely
* Fixed a wordpress import exception when image metadata has floats
formated with ',' instead of '.'