downloaded file

Madhukumar NM

Jan 2, 2022, 12:24:54 PM1/2/22
to NightwatchJs
Hi,

I want to check the downloaded file using nightwatch script, and i need to use the file for next action. When i run the script in my local file is downloaded and displayed in my sourcecode repository root folder. Same code if i run in jenkins that file am not able to find.
could you please anyone let me know ?

Harley Faggetter

Jan 2, 2022, 6:15:22 PM1/2/22
to NightwatchJs
Can you show your test code, or example code with what you're trying to do?

Also, I'd suggest opening a discussion on the Github repo, as that seems to be more active and will likely offer more support

Madhukumar NM

Jan 2, 2022, 11:26:52 PM1/2/22
to NightwatchJs
Hi Harley,

I am just downloading one yaml file in my webapplication. That file getting downloaded and showed in my local repository of root folder. But when i run the same code in jenkins am not able to find the downloaded file. I am just checking in jenkins console using ls -ltr using shell script.

Thanks,
Madhu

Harley Faggetter

Jan 3, 2022, 9:00:35 AM1/3/22
to NightwatchJs
So the only thing I can think of, of the top of my head without further detail, is that the downloaded file is being deposited relative to where chromedriver (or whatever driver you're using) is executed. If you're using a Selenium grid with Jenkins, then the downloaded file is likely on the grid rather than jenkins itself, which would be why you're unable to find it

Madhukumar NM

Jan 3, 2022, 9:53:41 AM1/3/22
to nightw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Harley,