NCSL's Bill Status Service

Sean McGrath

Oct 31, 2011, 10:12:46 AM10/31/11
to niem-ed...@googlegroups.com, scha...@legis.state.la.us
Hi Gary,

At NALIT in Portland you asked how many folks where users of NCSL's
50-state bill status service which is, I believe, via State Net (Lexis
Nexis)

http://www.ncsl.org/Default.aspx?TabID=788&tabs=856,34,721#856

Could you, or any other NCSL members on the list, share with us what
fields are provided? Knowing a little about the data model would help us
as we work our way through the NIEM Bill Status modeling.

Given that this is an existing model in active use, it also gives us a
"target" to think about. I.e. we should be ensuring that the NIEM Bill
Status model would allow LexisNexis to utilize the NIEM data feeds from
the legislatures and avoid having to screen-scrape or re-key data.

The same - of course - goes for ThomsonReuters/Accelus and any other
50-state Bill Status/Tracking models out there. Contributions to the
discussion from people familiar with these models would be very helpful.

Regards,
Sean