The Future...

sean.m...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2012, 12:41:29 PM7/17/12
to niem-ed...@googlegroups.com
All,

A year has passed and the time has come to plan for the future. My 2 cents is that standards for feeds coming out of legislatures (such as Bill Status) is very worthwhile but that the effort has greater chance of success if we can house it in a bigger standards-setting arena.

I would like to propose we start a conversation about it. I have some thoughts about how we can proceed.

Now is a good time for us to do this with NCSL Chicago coming up  and then NALIT in October.

In particular, there is a session at NCSL this year devoted to Open Data

I will be at NCSL and NALIT this year as usual. Anybody who wants to meet up, please shout or stop by booth 813.

Sean

Shay Wilson

Jul 17, 2012, 1:17:56 PM7/17/12
to niem-ed...@googlegroups.com
I will not make the general meeting, but should be at NALIT.

James Turk

Jul 17, 2012, 3:01:29 PM7/17/12
to niem-ed...@googlegroups.com
I'm giving a session on Open Data/Open States, looking forward to meeting those of you I haven't met.