Is this group dead?

shay

Mar 22, 2012, 7:30:35 PM3/22/12
to NIEM EDemocracy
Just wondering if this group was still at work on hashing out the
necessary data structures or if we've all retired to our day jobs?

Sean McGrath

Mar 26, 2012, 6:56:18 AM3/26/12
to niem-ed...@googlegroups.com
On 03/22/2012 06:30 PM, shay wrote:
Just wondering if this group was still at work on hashing out the
necessary data structures or if we've all retired to our day jobs?

Day job...in my case. Hoping to get back into it soon. Ideally, so that we can perhaps have a face-to-face meeting on the edges
of NCSL and/or NALIT this year.

Regards,
Sean

Shay Wilson

Mar 27, 2012, 3:08:54 PM3/27/12
to niem-ed...@googlegroups.com
I as well.  I only write because a lot is happening with open states lately and I have a meeting with someone who is talking to me about this standard  http://www.akomantoso.org/  for my web service (more leaning towards legislative documents than bill data). I wanted to know if this group was still headed in that direction.

Sean McGrath

Mar 28, 2012, 6:37:35 AM3/28/12
to niem-ed...@googlegroups.com
On 03/27/2012 02:08 PM, Shay Wilson wrote:
I as well.  I only write because a lot is happening with open states lately and I have a meeting with someone who is talking to me about this standard  http://www.akomantoso.org/  for my web service (more leaning towards legislative documents than bill data). I wanted to know if this group was still headed in that direction.

Shay,

I wouldn't like to rule out looking at legislative document interchange but I would suggest we focus here on legislative metadata rather than document payloads.

I have been contributing and watching the conversations in the NIEM groups and one of the things we need to be cognistant of is the direction NIEM is taking.

see http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1903175&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr

In particular: http://linkd.in/GXzLAv

Regards,
Sean