3-day FP course, Melbourne, 09-11 September

Tony Morris

Jul 29, 2019, 1:00:44 AM7/29/19
to nicta-fp
Hello,
Queensland Functional Programming Lab, a Data61/CSIRO and Queensland
Government initiative, is running the 3-day Functional Programming
courses in Melbourne, 09-11 September.

Numbers are very limited on this occasion, so please register soon. If
you later wish to withdraw your registration, please let me know.

For more details including registration:

Introduction track
https://events.csiro.au/Events/Functional-Programming-Workshops-Melb-Intro-2019

Applied track
https://events.csiro.au/Events/Functional-Programming-Workshops-Melb-Applied-2019

Jimmy P

Jul 29, 2019, 4:24:25 AM7/29/19
to Tony Morris, nicta-fp
Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for bringing this back to Melbourne. I did the original NICTA course a few years ago and am looking forward to doing the applied course this time around.

Have you got any user group sessions booked while you're in town? I run one myself and would love to host you or someone from the team for a talk of you have the time and energy?

Thanks
Jim

Cheers,

Jim P
@pjimmy

Tony Morris

Jul 29, 2019, 4:32:11 AM7/29/19
to Jimmy P, nicta-fp
Hey Jimmy!

I haven't booked anything. Got any ideas or proposals?

Jimmy P

Jul 29, 2019, 6:28:46 AM7/29/19
to Tony Morris, nicta-fp
Well I run a .net user group in Melbourne so it could be fun to do some agitating of c# devs to realise the error of their ways?  ;)

Otherwise I know the guys who run the Haskell group and they'd always appreciate come content I reckon?

Tony Morris

Jul 29, 2019, 6:30:07 AM7/29/19
to Jimmy P, nicta-fp
Yeah talking to the .NET people would be fun! I have only ever done it in a pub.

What night is the next meetup?

Jimmy P

Jul 30, 2019, 9:35:47 PM7/30/19
to Tony Morris, nicta-fp
Yeah I reckon it'll be fun too. There's a reasonable appreciation amongst the community that functional is the future... But most would have a pretty watered down view of what fp actually means in practice.

We usually run on the last Tuesday of the month. But I assume you're only down for the week of the course so we can organise a meet-up in that second week of September on an evening that suits you?

Cheers,
Jim

Tony Morris

Aug 12, 2019, 9:14:03 PM8/12/19
to nicta-fp
Consequent to demand, we have reopened registration for the Introduction to Functional Programming track.

Please find the registration link here:
https://events.csiro.au/Events/2019/July/19/Functional-Programming-Workshops-Melb-Intro-2019