Introduction to Functional Programming [3 days]

Tony Morris

Oct 10, 2013, 9:24:45 PM10/10/13
to nict...@googlegroups.com

Functional Programming Course – (3 days) 20th, 21st and 22nd November

Presenter: Mark Hibberd and Tony Morris
Title: Introduction to Functional Programming
When:  Wednesday 20th, Thursday 21st, Friday 22nd November, 9.00am – 5.00pm (lunch will be provided)
Where: Level 1 A block room A101, QUT Gardens Point, 2 George St, Brisbane, QLD, 4000

Abstract: Functional Programming fun at NICTA is being offered at the Queensland University of Technology. NICTA will be hosting a hands-on Introduction to Functional Programming over three days for interested participants.

We will be using the Haskell programming language for our journey in the three days and this session requires no prior experience with functional programming.

You will be required to bring a suitable development machine (portable) for working through the exercises. You will also need to install Glasgow Haskell Compiler (http://www.haskell.org/ghc/) version 7 or higher on that machine. There are no other primary requirements.

Each of these sessions will be instructed by Mark Hibberd (NICTA) and Tony Morris (NICTA) to help you along your path of FP discovery, wherever that might be. If you are interested in attending one or all of these sessions, please respond by email (details below). Numbers are limited.

RSVP: To haylee...@nicta.com.au by Wednesday 13 November, 5pm. Please indicate if you have any dietary requirements.

In your response, it is very helpful for us to understand your goals in order to make the best of the time we will have, so please take the time to answer a few questions in your response. Your answers will not be shared — just used to construct the course structure and material, then discarded.

1. Which of the sessions would you prefer to attend?

2. How would you rate your level of understanding of functional programming?

3. What would you hope to get out of the session?

--
Tony Morris
http://tmorris.net/

Tony Morris

Oct 10, 2013, 9:45:54 PM10/10/13
to nict...@googlegroups.com
Please ignore question 1 below sorry. There is only one session this time around so asking which you'd like to attend is a bit silly :)