Mayor's Office won't seek Nickelsville Eviction!!!

Ibu Oni

May 25, 2011, 5:52:20 PM5/25/11
to Nickelsville Announcements, sc...@nickelsvilleseattle.org
Greetings from Nickelsville to our friends and neighbors.

We are at our new location at 7116 W Marginal Way SW and are starting
to work on our new structures.
Since our last email alert, we have received exciting news: the
Mayor's office has said that they will not seek our eviction. This
gives us more security than ever before to build our homes at a
permanent site.

We are still without power and water but we are making do with our
generator and the help of our generous neighbors.

We are also continuing to grow, our camp population is now at 135 and
more people show up daily.

The City Council discussions about 'unsheltered people in Seattle' is
a slow process but we are making progress.

Any further assistance from our friends is appreciated: our needs are
as follow:

- Food
- Water
- Gasoline (for generator)
- Building supplies for Small Simple Sturdy Sleeping Structures:
concrete blocks (for base), 3/8" side grade plywood, 5/8" TIG
plywood, 1/2" plywood, 88 5/8 studs
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire wood
- Blankets
- Batteries
- Trash bags
- Hygiene supplies and toilet paper
- Clothing and shoes

We are at 2nd Ave SW and W Marginal Way SW (the first site in 2008)
please feel free to come by and visit.
We thank you for your continued support and friendship.