We Tried Sending you This on Tuesday 2-14-12 and only NOW did we figure out it bounced back! Sorry!

Scott Morrow

Feb 17, 2012, 5:30:08 PM2/17/12
to Nickelsville Announcements
Dear Allies, Friends, and Supporters:

Greetings from the men, women, children, and pets of Nickelsville.

1. Unfortunately, we need to start with bad news. We're broke. We
have paid our bills up to this month, but don't have dollars in hand
to meet our financial obligations in the future. One of our major
concerns with not being able to cover our bills is our Honey Buckets
not being serviced. They cost $1,663 this month. Waste Management
Dumpster Service costs $1,523.

On Saturday February 25th we will be holding a Pancake Breakfast at
the West Seattle Church of the Nazarene. It will be from 8 AM to 11
AM and is pay what you can. This Church is located at 4201 SW Juneau
Street, 98136. They have been kind to not only provide a location for
this breakfast, but their ongoing support including donating water.
Please come.

A group of people from the camp are also discussing future fund-
raisers, to be announced as they come to fruition. Financial support
can always be sent to Nickelsville at P.O. Box 2548, Seattle WA
98111. As a project of Jam for Justice, a 501c3, we're a non profit
and tax deductible!

2. The start time for the weekly Nickelsville Central Committee
Meetings is now 9:30 AM every Wednesday. Most Wednesday's it is at
1902 Second Avenue (enter in the alley off Stewart.) We changed the
time because since half the Alaska Way Viaduct got torn down it takes
much longer to get downtown from Nickelsville, and we keep showing up
late to our own meeting.

3. Now, On to the Good News: The Garden Workday Party is starting
March 3rd at 10:00 in the morning. If you are gardening inclined,
grab a spade and let's start planting.

Volunteers from TOPS - a group of eighth grade Seattle School Students
- will be tearing apart pallets in preparation for a novel idea - a
garden shed build entirely of reused material. This is a great step
in our goal of being Eco-Friendly.

Another big step in our green practices is our newly rejuvenated
Recycling Program. Residents and volunteers alike have stepped up to
be better stewards of our Mother-Ship Earth.

A serious task, however, is the number of homeless people in King
County. This years One Night Count revealed higher numbers this year
than in the previous year. We are working with our friends from
SHARE, WHEEL, and Real Change on a New and Updated Declaration of
Emergency, that will be introduced in March.

Next, we Nickelodeons would like to send a great thank you to an
anonymous donor for a generous donation of wood, a camping stove, and
propane.

Thank you to all for your continuing support and friendship.