Remembrance and Celebration

Scott Morrow

Jun 8, 2011, 6:57:44 PM6/8/11
to Nickelsville Announcements
Dear friends, neighbors, and supporters of Nickelsville,

Here's an update on what's going on in our community.

The Nicklesville Community urges your support and attendance at the
Saturday June 11th Celebration of the first 15 installed 'Leaves of
Remembrance.' The Homeless Remembrance Project - in conjunction with
our sisters in Women in Black, WHEEL, Mary's Place and others - are
inviting ALL OF US to celebrate this first installation of "Leaves of
Remembrance" in Seattle sidewalks, to honor our homeless friends and
family who have gone before us.

There will be food, music and speeches as the first cluster of leaves
are embedded in the sidewalk in front of the Noel House/Rose of Lima
House, a location very important to the homeless community. The event
will be taking place at 2nd Ave. and Bell Street on Saturday, June
11th from 4-7 p.m. For more info call (206) 956-0334, email
whee...@yahoo.com, or visit www.homelessproject.org.

On the following Saturday Nickelsville will be hosting our Open
House! That's June 18th from 2-6 p.m., with a potluck dinner at 5 PM.
Come tour Nicklesville, view our new Simple Structures, stroll our
organic gardens and meet the Nickelodeons. This is your chance to see
the future of Nicklesville!
We would love for you to come join us at
7116 West Marginal Way SW (across from Pacific Plumbing) !

Your continued support of Nickelsville is greatly appreciated you have
helped make Nickelsville a safe place to live for those in need. As
our community continues to grow, we are in need of the following
items, to continue to thrive:

-Tents, both single and family size.
-Canned goods and kitchen items
-Sleeping bags and blankets
-2 way radios for security, flashlights and batteries.

Nickelsville will be implementing a new graywater filtration system.
In order to do so we need Filtration grade charcoal and clean aquarium
sand as well as 2 inch PVC pipe.
This filtration system is crucial for the growth of Nickelsville, as
well as making it a greener community.

Recently two families joined us, so children's clothing and items are
presently needed.

Once again we would like to thank you for your much appreciated
support, and look forward to working together in the future.