Nickelsville MOVED TODAY: we've come full circle.

Ibu Oni

May 13, 2011, 11:01:56 PM5/13/11
to Nickelsville Announcements
***NICKELSVILLE MOVED TODAY**

Our new location is our First Location. We have come full circle!!!
We are at 2nd Ave SW and W MArginal Way SW
7116 W Marginal Way SW

WHEN PEOPLE CALLED COUNCIL PRESIDENT CONLIN THIS WEEK, HIS AIDES TOLD
THEM NICKELSVILLE COULD JUST STAY IN OLD FIREHOUSE #39 FOR A COUPLE
MORE MONTHS

BUT WE MOVED ANYWAY!

WHY? LET US COUNT THE REASONS:

1) Nickelsville isn't an indoor shelter for 99 people; it's an eco-
village for up to 1,000!

2) Every night at old Firestation #39 we were turning people away - a
larger site is needed to save human lives! 8 homeless people have
already died outside or by violence this year.

3) Sleeping in the Bay Station for a Fire Truck, with 20 other
people, doesn't afford anyone privacy and everyone deserves that -
especially families and couples.

4) Last May, 2010 we were advised to give the new Mayor a chance.
Last August the Mayor's Encampment Panel got started and recommended
giving us a permanent site. 7 months ago we were told that the Sunny
Jim site would be ready in 5 months. Now Council President Conlin
says he'll decide what to do by the fall. We think this fall Council
President Conlin will say maybe something will be ready next spring.

FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON CONLIN
FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON NICKELSVILLE
WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!

5) Nickelsville has pets, couples and kids. They all need privacy and
simple sturdy sleeping structures. None of these are possible long
term at Firestation #39. That is why we asked Mayor McGinn on
February 22, 2011 to let SHARE and WHEEL take over Old Firestation #39
on May 15th, and begin operating it as shelter.

6) We told Richard Conlin about this but he ignored Nickelsville.
SHARE/WHEEL told Richard Conlin about this but he ignored SHARE/WHEEL.
Richard Conlin hasn't written us or anyone about working something
out. Richard Conlin hasn't written the Mayor and asked him to keep
the Old Firehouse open for Nickelsville or anyone.

7) Richard Conlin's aides will talk the talk about Old Firestation
#39 with any tom, dick or harriet, but Richard Conlin hasn't walked
the walk to make anything happen.

8) That's why we've got to make something happen for ourselves.
Richard Conlin won't do it for us!

The Black Cat Caravan (has arrived!)
by Tex Shirey & The Nickelsville Central Committee

Ibu Oni

May 13, 2011, 11:25:06 PM5/13/11
to Nickelsville Announcements, sc...@nickelsvilleseattle.org