Nickelsville Update 8-17-11

Scott Morrow

Aug 17, 2011, 1:53:07 PM8/17/11
to Nickelsville Announcements
Greetings from Nickelsville!

Great news! We were awarded a $10,000.00 Environmental Justice grant
from our friends at the Northwest Social Justice Fund! This will help
us a lot with our utility expenses while we wait for the City
Council's vote on the proposed amendment to the Comprehensive Plan.

We also received a Small Sparks Grant from the Seattle Department of
Neighborhoods, to enlarge our Community Garden at Nickelsville!

We do our own grassroots fundraising, and have an upcoming CAR WASH on
Saturday August 27th, 8:00 AM--5:00 PM at the Les Schwab location
at 6111 4th Ave S (and Front Street). Come see us and have your car
washed by some of our Nickelodeons! Donations welcome!

Now, on to our current needs:

Tents: 9x9, 10x10
Tarps
Rope
Duct tape
Plywood

Disposable plates and cutlery
Canned goods
Powdered milk
Large plastic containers, with tight fitting lids, to store our bread
and keep it fresh.
Large latex disposable gloves
33 gallon trash bags
Toilet Paper

Thanks for all your support, and hope to see you soon!