Open House/Potluck this Saturday

Scott Morrow

Jun 16, 2011, 11:03:18 AM6/16/11
to Nickelsville Announcements
Dear friends, allies and supporters,

Greetings from the men, women and children of Nickelsville.

Last Saturday, June 11th, we joined our sisters from WHEEL at the
installation ceremony of the first 15 leaves of remembrance for
homeless people who died outside or by violence.
The event was held on 2nd and Bell where the Leaves were embedded in
the sidewalk. Many attended. It was bitter sweet that one of the
leaves casted was for Cassie Phillips, a Nickelsville co-founder and
first arbitrator.

We are having our open house this coming Saturday, June 18th between 2
and 6 pm. There will be tours, speeches, music and a potluck at 5pm.
We will also be showing our first completed simple, sturdy, sleeping
structure! We are located at 7116 W Marginal Way SW at 2nd Ave SW. We
hope to see you there!

Nickelsville is seeking an Eco friendly solution to vegetation growth,
particularly of the blackberry and scotch broom variety, at our camp.
That is why we are seriously considering adopting a pet goat. If
anyone has has any experience with goat keeping and grooming, please
feel free to email our staff person sc...@nickelsvilleseattle.org.

On July 8th we look forward to a visit from Council People Richard
Conlin, Nick Licata, Sally Clark and Sally Bagshaw. It will b4 good
to show them our internal operations and new structures.

We are continuing building and are in need of ladders for roofing.
Our needs are as follow:
- Brushes and rollers
- Caulking
- Windows
- building Materials
- Carraige Bolts 5inches
- Food
- Water
- Water barrels
- Gasoline
- Building supplies
- Fire extinguishers
- Fire wood
- Blankets
- Batteries
- Trash bags
- Hygiene supplies and toilet paper
- Clothing and shoes
- Eye drops (some campers have allergies).

We look forward to seeing you this coming Saturday!!
Once again, thank you for your ongoing friendship and support.