Council Resolution O.K, but way to slow!

Scott Morrow

Apr 20, 2011, 2:35:41 PM4/20/11
to Nickelsville Announcements
Dear Friends, Allies, and Supporters.

Greetings from Nickelsville, thank you again for all that you have
done for us, we couldn't have come this far without you all.

As you are well aware of, we are moving May 15th. The Mayor's Office
has been working on proposals to help for quite a while. Now the City
Council has introduced a Resolution outlining how they are going to
work to to the benefit of those suffering during this economic
disaster. Unfortunately, things are moving at a snail's pace.

We truly appreciate the resolution started this past Monday, but they
HSD review necessary for the review of the homeless crisis will not
even by ready till May 18th, and that is just the beginning of the
process. Then the City Council must weigh the need for cheap,
dignified simple sturdy sleeping structures in an Eco Village (aka
Nickelsville) against many other options, including building another
inn similar to the Aloha Inn, or renovating Old Fire Station 39 for a
long-term shelter. All worthy ideas, but in the end, counter-
productive to the goals of Nickelsville, since it is ready to go right
now - and has the support of the Mayors Encampment Panel!.

Now is the time to press the need for a permanent site to the City
Council. All we truly need is the land.

We hope you will consider joining us as the City Council starts
deliberating. One date to put on your calendar right now is in May -
Friday the 13th. That afternoon we will be having a Black Cat Caravan
starting at Nickelsville and ending at City Hall that will remind the
Council and Mayor's Office of our presence and our resolve to stay
together, safe and empowered by our little community.

There will be other things happening before this, though, and we'll
keep you posted!

Our needs list this week:

1) A piece of land that will shelter a 1000 adults, kids, and pets.
Nickelsville need this as soon as possible because we are moving on
may 15th no matter what.
2) Toiletpaper, trashbags, liquid soap, dishsoap, batterys (aaa, aa ,
c, & d), paperplates & etc
3) Help with the move!

We'll be in touch!