more on #31292, parties and water

Scott Morrow

Sep 21, 2011, 6:34:43 PM9/21/11
to Nickelsville Announcements
Greetings from Nickelsville!

On Wednesday September 14th, several of us from Nickelsville, plus a
lot from SHARE and WHEEL, including people from Tent City 3, Tent City
4, and their indoor shelters, attended Seattle City Council's Housing
and Human Services Committee Hearing on Resolution 31292.

Some of us from each group spoke to the Council with our concerns,
such as SHARE/WHEEL's offer to operate old Fire Station 39 in Lake
City, "as is", instead of leasing it to the Union Gospel Mission
after spending up to $900,000 fixing it up.

We also spoke to the point of Encampments such as Nickelsville, and
how the Mayor's now defunct plan of fixing up the old Sunny Jim Plant
site on Airport Way, would have had $800,000.00 in start up costs,
whereas Nickelsville has zero star up costs. Plus Nickelsville's
ongoing costs are a fraction of what the ongoing costs would have been
for Sunny Jim. These were just a few points we touched on, in the
relatively short time we had to speak.

Finally, we invited them to our upcoming Nickelsville 3rd Anniversary
Party.

Speaking of which.....

Our Party is happening this coming Saturday, September 24th, from
3:00-5:00 pm! All are invited!

You don't need to bring anything, however if you wish to bring a
dessert or something, please contact Nickelsville supporter Joanne, at
joa...@brayden.org.

Nickelsville is located at 7116 West Marginal Way SW, near the
southeast corner of West Marginal,and Highland Park Way SW.

We are having a hog roast, yummy sides and deserts, Camp Tours are
available, plus (short) speeches on the History, and vision for the
future of Nickelsville. We are also having the Second Annual Parade of
Pets! So, bring your leashed pet along, and let him or her walk the
walk. Many fabulous and petcentric Prizes will be awarded.

Here is this weeks Camp Need list:

Tents; 8x8, 10x10, and family sized.
Tarps.
Blankets
33 gallon garbage bags.
Toilet Paper.
Dish soap.

Finally, we are still searching for water carriers. By that we mean
drivers, with a vehicle, who will pick up water on schedule once a
week.

Thanks!